- Fully Accredited and Registered by the BACP
- BACP and WPF accredited Diploma of Psychodynamic Counselling
- Trained in Client Assessment
- Intermediate level Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) and Skills at Work
- Trained Bereavement Counsellor
- BWY Teacher Diploma and I am a trained teacher of movement, meditation and breathing
Safety for you
- I am an professionally accredited and registered therapist, qualified to appear on the BACP Register and am approved by the Professional Standards Authority for Health and Social Care.
- I have full Public Liability Insurance for work with vulnerable adults
- I uphold the BACP ethical framework for good practice and work according to BACP guidelines
- I see a supervisor monthly in order to discuss my client casework. This is for your safety and is a requirement of BACP membership. Strict confidentiality and anonymity for each client is upheld at all times.
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- British Wheel of Yoga (teacher member)
- I work psychodynamically, this approach is a form of depth psychology which relies more than other therapies on the interpersonal relationship between client and counsellor. This focus on the client/counsellor relationship can effect deep and lasting change.
- I also use Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) techniques and Breathing and Mindfulness techniques. Elements of these work particularly well for anxiety, depression and pain management in the first instance. Bodily symptoms such as a tightness in the chest, a knot in the stomach, and feeling sick and panicky all respond well to these techniques.
- I currently see clients at my private practice. I have previously been a counsellor at both a counselling organisation in Southampton and a bereavement charity in Bournemouth. I take part in regular trainings nationwide which add to my continued professional development and attend courses and workshops on different counselling/psychotherapy issues throughout the year.
- I teach a few sessions each week of yoga, meditation and breathing to groups and individuals. My particular interest is in teaching people to use a selection of the vast yoga, mindfulness and breathing techniques available in order to equip them with the tools that will help them to release tension and anxiety for themselves. This inevitably leads to growth in a capacity to better cope with and manage the stresses that all of us, at times, face in life.
- I am passionate about counselling and love being involved in work that has the potential to change your life, or at the very least will help you through a tough time.
Other help and links
- If you feel desperate and are unable to afford private counselling please do not feel you need to suffer alone. Your GP, Samaritans or Cruse can all offer help.